Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hey so I know that 8 o'clock on a Monday night no longer qualifies as a weekend, but I've been sucked into Gossip Girl. I've carved out like an hour yesterday to do actual homework and started and finished the entire first season of the show yesterday. I'm addicted. I started season two after class today and it took me this long to find motivation to stop and actually get some work done.

This brought back rowing memories - Ohio River
This weekend was so much fun, I seriously had a blast! Friday I had no classes which was amazing! Clarion has a "fair" every year called Autumn Leaf Festival - aka ALF - so my roommates and I went down and it was PACKED. It was odd too, I didn't care for it though so I'm not going to go into detail.

On Saturday my cousin picked me up and we went to Pittsburgh where we spent the day walking and talking and eating and shopping... it was marvelous! I feel like we really bonded during that day trip. I very rarely spend time with just one cousin and even though we used to live in the same city I would normally only see this cousin once or twice a year. We got together to plan our road trip down to South Carolina this month...it's in 17 days! Eeep, I'm so excited!


Anyway, we started the day by going to the original Primanti Brothers on the strip. Let me just say, I've been to Primanti Brothers before, but this one was ten times better. I also hate coleslaw, but it came with it on and it really gives the sandwich that extra kick!
Pastrami & Cheese (favorite sandwich)
After lunch we walked around downtown Pittsburgh and finally found a Starbucks (the one we originally found was under renovation) and we got our PSF... so much better than a PSL on a hot day! After we walked around for a few hours just talking and reminiscing on our other cousin's June wedding we decided to go shopping and of course we went into L.L. Bean and although I left empty handed I did leave with a growing Christmas list.

We walked around inside the mall too and as part of my graduation gift she bought me the Kate Spade Bow earrings that I've been wanting for I don't even know how long..ahh I love her! We also found some cute black flats for her and $300 blanket at Pottery Barn that was oh-so-soft but waaaay out of our price range.

Naturally we ended our night at the cheesecake factory...with cheesecake!

Red Velvet - My favorite! :)

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment