Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap

Okay, I think at this point anyone that reads my blog knows just how bad I am about doing the weekend recap. Yesterday I got back to school at around five and I was so exhausted/sick once I finished unpacking that I ended up taking a nap at seven and woke up at eight (just in time to hear my roommate comment on my sleeping habits...ugh!)

So this weekend two of my friends celebrated their 19th birthdays which means that I went home to celebrate with my "Philly Girls" or at least most of them. We were super bummed that Joanne couldn't come home this weekend because she had a ton of work due Monday (today).

Anyways, on Friday my Dad came down to Clarion and picked me up at around two o'clock and we got back around 4:30 so I did some bonding with my Little Bug before Billy's football game. Let me tell you, Jack is getting ridiculously silly. At one point he was lying on the kitchen floor flat on his back just "talking" and trying to repeat the noises I was making. The football game started at seven though and it was so cold and rainy and at one point it was hailing, but Prep won by a landslide - I don't think it should have been called a game at all. And naturally I ended my night with some sibling bonding with Billy; we just went to Sheetz and talked about life and I tried to help him out with Macbeth.


Friday is for high school football
On Saturday I went to coffee with my dad (it's seriously my favorite thing to do) and Jack. I was woken up at 7:30am and at first I thought I read the clock wrong, but I was good to go in thirty minutes - a skill that I've recently acquired with this whole "college" thing.) I visited my Grandma in the afternoon for a couple of hours before I went to visit some old neighbors for their annual pumpkin carving party and I got home with forty-five minutes to spare before I had to go to dinner with Jackie and Serena. 
The Birthday Girls: Jackie & Serena
Let me just say: I LOVE MY FRIENDS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM. So Jackie, Serena, and I went to Olive Garden for dinner on Saturday to celebrate their 19th birthday which was yesterday. After that we went back to my house so I could change/get my car/they could take their birthday picture and then we went to Mercyhurst University to sit in Serena's dorm and figure out our next move. We ended up sitting in there until Joanne's brother called Jackie and we hung out with him and I saw an "old high school friend" who was going home because she was sick - it was awkward. We ended up going on what we thought was a haunted ghost walk around the Mercyhurst campus, but it was a mix of the two. MU has a lot of history and it's great, but Serena and I aren't about people jumping out at us and we couldn't hear anything so we ran away as soon as the "tour" went back outside. Jackie and John finished it though. 

Serena & I 
I finished the weekend with church - it was the one year anniversary of my grandpa's death last week so Sunday mass was for him. After church I had to run home and finish packing, but then I went back to my grandma's house to visit some of my family and do some cousinly bonding with baby Joseph. We definitely can't forget about the homemade lasagna - I live for my grandma's sauce too, I could eat just the sauce, it's my favorite!

What did you do this weekend? Does your grandma make any food that you could live off of?

No comments:

Post a Comment