Thursday, October 3, 2013

"It's October 3rd"

I very rarely pay attention to the date and it seems pointless because the days fly by so quickly anyway, but I can always count on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and a few of the stragglers still on Facebook to tell me that today is October 3. Last year it was perfect because it was a Wednesday and everyone knows that on Wednesdays we wear pink. Unless you're me and end up wearing pink every day whether it be nail polish or accessories (I don't own pink clothing, except for like two dresses). SO! To celebrate October 3 I'm going to do a post on some of my favorite movies!

Dirty Dancing is my ultimate favorite movie. I hate re-watching things, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen Dirty Dancing in the past year alone. I sing the soundtrack in the shower and dream about it. I'm addicted to Dirty Dancing. For those of you that have never seen Dirty Dancing: GO WATCH IT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!


Another favorite of mine is a movie that I used to watch all of the time with my mom, The Sound of Music. We would watch The Sound of Music every time we watched a movie together and it was the last that we watched together before her passing. I mean we would watch other movies, but this was the movie. She died almost five years ago, but I've only watched it once since then and it was only a few months ago. That's how much that movie means to me, it's basically a very sacred movie and it reminds me of her and someday I hope to share this movie with my own daughter. I'll just have to buy it on DVD first... I still only watch it on VHS.


I'm leaving it at these two, but there are many, many more that I love. I didn't include Mean Girls even though I did make a couple references, but I don't know, I love the movie, but I get a little bored with it sometimes. Basically I just really have to be in the mood to watch Mean Girls

What are your favorite movies?




No comments:

Post a Comment