Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Music Notes On Memory Lane

I was sitting in the cafeteria today eating dinner with my roommates and a song came on and I just started laughing because not only did it remind me of a friend of mine, but I could close my eyes and I was 15 again. The song was "Kids In Love" by Mayday Parade and anyone that knows me, like honest to God knows me, knows how much Mayday Parade has done for me.

However, I can't listen to them frequently because of what they do to me. I listen to Mayday and I'm 16 and crying in my room. Every day. I get the indescribably feeling that I feel when I'm in the middle of a violent cry session and I end up having an anxiety attack. Music is powerful and Mayday Parade's lyrics are so powerful to me. "You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds" is the song that gets me the most. It brings me back to June 4, 2012, a Monday and I'm home alone. I close my eyes and I see that day and it kills me. But the song does what it's supposed to do, it makes you feel.


Another song that brings back memories is "All Signs Point to Lauderdale" by A Day to Remember. This song also came on while we were eating and I started laughing to myself. I was obsessed with this song at this time last year. I would roll down my windows on my way to crew practice and just blast it over and over again. It brings back good memories and those are always nice to have.



We all have songs that bring us back to certain times in our lives. What songs bring you down memory lane?

No comments:

Post a Comment