Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Wow! I'm really bad at getting back to posting after the weekend. I have a test tomorrow that I have yet to start studying for because I've holed up in bed and began season 3 of Gossip Girl. I'm halfway through the series and I'm already starting to panic because I have no idea what I'm going to do when I finish the series.

So this weekend I went home (shocker) and it wasn't planned until around 1:30 on Friday morning. I was supposed to wait and go back the second to last weekend, but I got impatient and didn't want to do my own laundry. I ended up doing my own laundry. I also got to see Jackson and watch Billy play football and watch Mike watch reruns of How I Met Your Mother. 

Anyway... I got back on Friday and went to watch one of the biggest high school football games there is in my city - Prep vs. McDowell. It's a HUGE rivalry. Remember #AJO that I talked about? Well Alyssa went to McDowell and the game was the one month anniversary of her death. I walked into the stadium and the only thing you could hear was both schools chanting "A-J-O." I almost cried actual tears. Prep won and my brother got hurt, but every time I see him play I feel like he's a freshman again and I'm watching his first game and the man asked me who my brother was and after I tell him his name he says, "The quarterback?" I cried from pried and from wishing that my mom could be there to see it.

Like father like son

On Saturday I went to the pumpkin farm with my dad, Mike, Jack and some of the tenants. If you ignore the unwelcome guests then it was a great trip! Jack is in the throwing stage though (is that an actual stage?) so he didn't get the pumpkin that he was trying to eat because - you guessed it - he threw his pumpkin on the ground!


I also rearranged my furniture and cleaned my room and got some homework done. That's actually what I wanted to go home for. I wanted to go home when I didn't have friends in town and the ones that still live there were busy because I needed to get stuff done. And everything got done!

One of my favorite pictures of Mike and Jack




How was your weekend? Did you go to or watch any football games?

10 Days until I'm headed down to Clemson University for the Clemson vs. FSU game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment