Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dreaming Big: Hair

Anyone that knows me knows that I cannot do hair to save my life. It doesn't matter if it's your hair or my own, the most I can do is straighten it and even that is questionable. I used to be able to curl my hair, but it seriously took me six hours and it never looked that great; like by the time I finished it looked like I hadn't brushed my hair in days! I watched College Prepster's tutorial on how to use the Dry Bar's 3-Day Bender curling iron and for a while I thought maybe I could use it and I even considered shelling out the money to buy it, but then I reminded myself that I can't do my hair to save my life - it doesn't matter products I use.

I also love, love, love dying my hair. I don't go to the salon to get it done (I rarely even go for a trim..oops) because I truthfully don't have the patience to schedule appointments and pay all of the money and I have more fun just doing it with my friends in one of our bathrooms. Before school started Jackie, Joanne, and I dyed our hair in Joanne's bathroom and Joanne's hair is the only one that worked (which is funny to us because of the events that led up to it) and Jackie and I were trying to go lighter. We found it odd that there was no bleach necessary so I mean it wasn't a big shock to us. I dyed my hair red back in April/May, it was one of those months, I really don't recall which. My friend, Becky did it for me though and it turned out great! I'm looking forward to dying it back to that color at some point because I loved being a red head!

Before

After (I went with a dark red)
And yes, I took the awkward before and after selfies. I love them so very much and I found these in an old imessage with Becky. Oh and Becky and I have been friends since second grade and I miss her, she's gone through a lot with me. She's at Saint Francis University right now and she's just an awesome person. We have had our differences literally every year, but still. 

Me & Becky before Junior Prom (2012)
What do you like to do with your hair? Do you struggle like I do when it comes to doing your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment