Friday, February 28, 2014

Work Ethic Level: Dreamer

I have had about three posts saved into my drafts on here for about a month yet. They will become solid posts... eventually. I'm taking 16 credits (it's weird, I know) this semester and it has been difficult for me to adjust back into work mode after an entire month on Christmas break. I'm in the middle of my third week of my second semester (crazy, right?!) and it has flown by so far! I got back to school on January 20 and my roommates and I immediately started planning spring break with a few other people. Sadly, the house that we found on Oak Island in North Carolina will not rent to us if we don't have someone that is at least 25 stay with us for the whole week - this kind of works out, though because I'm my brother's confirmation sponsor. Anyways, that's basically what's been going on with me. Oh! And I have my first "college crush" as juvenile as that sounds. He's super sweet, but it's nothing... bummer... Oh well, it is what it is.

Oak Island, NC

As I said earlier, I have been struggling to get back into school mode this semester. I have had my emotions all over the place and I really cannot seem to sit down and crank anything out until around 2 am which is probably why my emotions are scattered everywhere. Basically everything has been crazy since I got here. Literally, since I got here... As soon as I got back to school I went over to a friend's house and she fixed my hair (I had a very, very bad dye job) so I didn't even get to really unpack that day. I unpacked a little, but I did more socializing than anything else. On top of that I have been sleeping in my other roommates' room because my roommate's boyfriend would stay over... it was an inconvenience to say the least, but I think that's behind on us now.

Getting organized this semester has been a huge struggle too. Not only with classes, but with my personal possessions. Every time I sit down to get my life cleaned up (i.e. map out my week, clean, do laundry, etc) something happens. Like a couple Saturdays ago I was woken by the fire alarm because there was a fire in my building... ugh! After being misplaced for about an hour we could finally get to our stuff. It's safe to say that I ended up watching a Law and Order marathon with one of my roommates.






I know this one is super long... I have literally been working on it for, well, a month. I've finally gotten into the swing of things. It took a horrible week and a very bad breakdown to snap me back into the reality of things. Now everything is almost smooth sailing. I don't want completely flat water, though - I'll never learn.

And we're giving a nice farewell to February and a warm welcome to March tomorrow which I'm super excited about. We found a place in Mrytle Beach, but I've decided not to go, but we're going to Cassadee Pope and Cartel towards the end of March so that's what is going to get me through this month!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment